MCLC: Chen Guangbiao's business card (1)

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Wed Jan 15 09:00:35 EST 2014

MCLC LIST
From: Michelle Yeh <mmyeh at ucdavis.edu>
Subject: Chen Guangbiao's business card (1)

This post made me smile. Despite the author Li Ling's sound advice, the
"business card culture" still seems to be going strong in China. Though I
have never received any myself, I am told that many give out their
multifold, accordion-like business cards. Several years ago when I was
living in China, a news broadcast reported kindergarten kids carrying
business cards that listed the names and titles of their parents and
grandparents in order to receive preferential treatments from their
teachers. Back then it was newsworthy. I wonder if list members can
confirm if it has either become common or obsolete today.

Michelle Yeh