MCLC: China Dreams: The Debate

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Thu Jan 9 08:57:55 EST 2014

MCLC LIST
From: William Callahan <waccpol at gmail.com>
Subject: China Dreams: The Debate

I am happy to announce that my video documentary, "China Dreams: The
Debate" (11 min.) has been published on the Asia Society's ChinaFile
website.

http://www.chinafile.com/china-dreams
(The video is on the page for my book, so please scroll down to the window
that shows Xi Jinping.)

for an HD version see:

http://vimeo.com/billcallahan/chinadreams

The blurb:
Since Chinese President Xi Jinping announced the "China Dream" as his
official slogan in November 2012, many people have been asking "What is the
China Dream?" Is it for national greatness or for a comfortable life? This
11 minute video explores how key figures - including artist Ai Weiwei,
historian Wang Gungwu, and 107 year old Zhou Youguang - answer this key
question about Chinese identity, politics and international relations.

The video is designed for classroom use, to provoke discussion. It is
suitable for classes in Asian studies, cultural studies, history,
politics, international relations, as well as other disciplines.

Happy new year,

William A. Callahan
London School of Economics