MCLC: JBACS vol. 3

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Mon Jan 6 09:35:41 EST 2014

MCLC LIST
From: Sarah Dauncey <s.dauncey at sheffield.ac.uk>
Subject: JBACS vol. 3

JOURNAL OF THE BRITISH ASSOCIATION FOR CHINESE STUDIES (JBACS)

We are pleased to announce the release of the latest issue of JBACS – the
official journal of the British Association for Chinese Studies (BACS).

This is a peer-reviewed, open-access e-journal publishing original and
innovative research in the multidisciplinary field of Chinese Studies,
with articles in a wide range of subject areas – history, economics,
politics, society, archaeology, language, literature, philosophy, culture,
gender, international relations and law – relating to modern and
pre-modern China.

To access JBACS, follow this link to our website:
http://www.bacsuk.org.uk/BACS_JOURNAL.php

Volume 3 (December 2013)

Research articles

The re‐institutionalisation of popular fiction – the internet and a new
model of popular fiction prosumption in China – by Shih-Chen Chao

Psyching a paragon: A sinitic excursion in practical ethics – by Lynn
Struve

Britain through Chinese eyes: Early perceptions of Britain in pre‐Opium
War China – by GAO Hao

Review essay

Superpower, China?! New narratives of global leadership under examination
– on William Callahan’s China dreams: 20 visions of the future – by Niv
Horesh

Book reviews

Sam Geall ed. (2013), China and the environment: The green revolution – by
Agnes Khoo
Cal Clark ed. (2011), The changing dynamics of the relations among China,
Taiwan, and the United States – by Ghulam Ali

Submission

We welcome submissions from all scholars with a focus on China, including
items that cross disciplinary boundaries or do not otherwise match the
subject areas listed above. All research articles in this journal undergo
rigorous peer review, based on initial editor screening and anonymous
double-blind refereeing by two referees.
If you would like to submit an article or a book review, please check the
submission guidelines available on our website (see link above). All
queries and material should be submitted by email: jbacs at bacsuk.org.uk
<mailto:%20d.f.starr at durham.ac.uk>

--
Dr Sarah Dauncey
British Academy Mid-Career Fellow & Lecturer in Chinese Studies

6-8 Shearwood Road
Sheffield, S10 2TD
United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0)114 22 28436