MCLC: NYU Shanghai position

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Tue Oct 23 09:11:09 EDT 2012

MCLC LIST
From: Karen Mrakovcic <KMrakovcic at ny.hodes.com>
Subject: NYU Shanghai position

FACULTY POSITIONS
Literature
NYU SHANGHAI

NYU Shanghai is currently inviting applications for an OPEN RANK
tenure/tenure-track faculty appointment to its Literature Program, in the
field of Global Literature. We are particularly interested in scholars
whose research and teaching stretch across languages and cultures,
spanning different disciplines, and whose critical inclination and
training are comparative.  A strong background in, as well as scholarly
and pedagogical commitment to, Chinese literature and culture of any
period, are highly desirable as well. We seek faculty who will establish
and maintain an active research profile, with a demonstrated commitment to
undergraduate teaching, and who are willing to commit their energy and
experience to building this new program in dialogue with faculty from
other disciplines. The search will remain open until the position is
filled, but review of applications will begin December 1, 2012.

NYU Shanghai is the newest degree-granting campus within NYU's global
network. It is the first Sino-US higher education joint venture to grant a
degree that is accredited in the US as well as in China. A research
university with liberal arts and sciences at its core, it resides in one
of the world's great cities that is also a vibrant intellectual community.
NYU Shanghai will recruit scholars who are committed to our global vision
of transformative teaching and innovative research.

New York University has established itself as a Global Network University,
a multi- site, organically connected network encompassing key global
cities and idea capitals. The network has three degree-granting campuses -
New York, Shanghai, and Abu Dhabi - complemented by 12 additional academic
centers across five continents. Faculty and students circulate within the
network in pursuit of common research interests and cross-cultural,
interdisciplinary endeavors, both local and global.

The terms of employment are comparable to U.S. institutions. Faculty may
also spend time at NYU New York and other sites of the global network,
engaging in both research and teaching opportunities. Tenure/tenure-track
faculty may also be members of the Department of Comparative Literature
Graduate Faculty at NYU. The appointment might begin as soon as August 1,
2013, or could be delayed until August 1, 2014.

Applicants should submit curriculum vitae, statement of research and
teaching interests, representative publications and three letters of
reference in PDF format. Please visit our website at
www.nyuopsearch.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=51409 for
instructions and other information on how to apply. If you have any
questions, please e-mail shanghai.faculty.recruitment at nyu.edu.

NYU Shanghai is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.