MCLC: Mo Yan and Nobel expectations (1)

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Thu Oct 18 09:52:01 EDT 2012

MCLC LIST
From: martin winter (dujuan99 at gmail.com)
Subject: Mo Yan and Nobel expectations (1)

The Wall Street Journal article by Ilaria Maria Sala and the NYT op-ed by
Julia Lovell are the first two really well-rounded pieces on this topic
I've seen until now. I find it great that Mo Yan and Liao Yiwu have come
together in the news in the last few days. A Taiwan friend just wrote me,
after he saw Liao Yiwu in Frankfurt on TV. I think it is certainly
possible to respect both authors. Bei Ling said in an interview he was
very impressed that Mo Yan spoke out for Liu Xiaobo's freedom. Let's hope
he does it in Stockholm, too. I wrote a little bit about Mo Yan and
Murakami on my blog:

http://erguotou.wordpress.com/2012/10/16/mo-yan-and-murakami/

Martin