MCLC: Georgia Tech position

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Sat Oct 13 09:52:04 EDT 2012

MCLC LIST
From: Paul Foster <paulbfoster2008 at gmail.com>
Subject: Georgia Tech position

The School of Modern Languages in the Ivan Allen College at the Georgia
Institute of Technology announces an opening for a new tenure-track
appointment as Assistant Professor of Chinese, to begin August 2013. We
seek candidates with a PhD in Chinese language, literature, or cultural
studies (or a related field), with native or near-native Chinese fluency,
with outstanding scholarly potential and excellent teaching skills,
interest in contributing to our stand alone Chinese ALIS major,
participating in development of our Chinese ROTC Flagship project, and
online course development, and with a desire to partner with other faculty
in a summer abroad program in China. We are particularly interested in
candidates with interdisciplinary research interests, experience with the
application of technology or media to student learning and/or a focus on
intercultural studies. Applicants should have strong potential for
research publications in English.

The School of Modern Languages emphasizes interactive learning and an
interdisciplinary approach to language, literature, and intercultural
studies. We offer a major in Applied Languages and Intercultural Studies
(ALIS) and two joint majors: International Affairs and Modern Languages
(IAML) and in Global Economics and Modern Languages (GEML). Opportunities
for interdisciplinary collaboration with faculty in the other language
groups in Modern Languages as well as faculty from other Schools in the
Ivan Allen College are strongly encouraged.

Applicants should send a cover letter describing applicant's
qualifications for the position, C.V., sample course syllabi and teaching
evaluations, a sample of applicant's scholarly work (preferably a sample
publication), and three letters of recommendation electronically to
chinesesearch at modlangs.gatech.edu. Materials may also be sent to Dr. Dina
Khapaeva, Chair, School of Modern Languages, Georgia Institute of
Technology, 613 Cherry Street, Atlanta, GA 30332-0375. Deadline is
November 15, 2012. Georgia Tech is an Equal Employment Opportunity,
Affirmative Action Employer.