MCLC: Cambria Sinophone World Series

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Tue Mar 13 09:23:47 EDT 2012

MCLC LIST
From: chris lupke <lupke at wsu.edu>
Subject: Cambria Sinophone World Series

Colleagues:

I'm forwarding the following promotional email from Cambria Press, which
may
be of interest to many of us.

Christopher Lupke

There have been many new exciting developments at Cambria Press, including
the launch of the Cambria Sinophone World Series by renowned sinologist
Professor Victor H. Mair (University of Pennsylvania).

The members of the editorial board are:
. Ann Huss (Chinese University of Hong Kong)
. Xiaofei Kang (George Washington University)
. Jianmei Liu (University of Maryland)
. Haun Saussy (University of Chicago)
. Tansen Sen (Baruch College)
. Shu-mei Shih (UCLA)
. Jing Tsu (Yale University)
. David Der-wei Wang (Harvard University)

To celebrate the great honor of having Professor Mair as the general editor
of the series as well as these esteemed professors on the editorial board,
special bookmark (which will be in every single AAS conference bag) has
been
commissioned. In addition, Cambria Press has designed a special tote bag to
commemorate this event. These beautiful bags, which feature the
eye-catching
series logo, are complimentary and can be picked up at the Cambria Press
booth.

The series was recently advertised in the February issue of the Journal of
Asian Studies and is also in the AAS conference program (see page 106). For
more information, please visit www.cambriapress.com/sinophone-series

Cambria Press would also like to highlight the following forthcoming and
recently published books:

. North Korea Demystified by Han S. Park, Regan Damron, and Jonathan Polk
. Africans in China by Adams Bodomo
. Digital Media in East Asia by Carin Holroyd and Kenneth Coates
. On China By India by Chih-yu Shih, Swaran Singh, and Reena Marwah
. The Classic of Changes in Cultural Context by Scott Davis
. Japan's Shrinking Regions in the 21st Century by Peter Matanle and
Anthony
Rausch with the Shrinking Regions Research Group
. An Existential Reading of the Confucian Analects by Andrew Zhonghu Yan
. Power and Politics in Tenth-Century China by Hongjie Wang
. Landmines in Cambodia by Wade C. Roberts
. Translation Zones in Modern China by Bonnie S. McDougall

Another much-anticipated highlight is the Cambria e-book program. Cambria
Press is proud to be the first--and currently only--academic publisher to
have their titles available across all popular e-book platforms, including
the Amazon Kindle, Barnes and Noble Nook, Apple iPad, and others. We have
even built a custom-designed e-book platform, CAMBER, which many have
praised for its incredibly user-friendly features.

For a limited time period, Cambria Press will be offering free e-book
versions for professors and their students if their university libraries
purchase the hardcover version of any Cambria title. Cambria Press believes
that its investment in e-books and its contribution during these economic
times are important for the dissemination of premier scholarship.

Please pick up a book list with all our titles featuring a 30% discount for
AAS members and their libraries at the Cambria Press booth.  For your
convenience, please also find a link to download our book list and save 30%
http://www.cambriapress.com/aas2012booklist.cfm . You can also forward this
link to your librarian with your recommended book purchases and they will
enjoy the discount as well.

If you are attending the AAS conference, we hope that you have an enjoyable
and productive time in Toronto.
Please feel free to contact me at any time if you have any questions or if
we can be of assistance to you.

Thank you very much for your consideration.

Best regards,
David

=======
David Armstrong