MCLC: personal collection as exhibition of self?

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Sat Apr 7 11:26:53 EDT 2012

MCLC LIST
From: Leksa Chmielewski (leksa.chm at gmail.com)
Subject: personal collection as exhibition of self?

I hope list members might be able to help me identify the article, book or
chapter I'm forgetting, in which:

A female character collects and displays small objects in her bathroom.
I'm fairly certain this was an analysis of a Chinese film or short story.
I think the analysis might have been that she reenchanted alienated
objects by creating a collection/exhibition that was a material extension
of the self.

For answers to the query, related sources that you recommend, or to chat
about alternative forms of collection and exhibition, please contact me
directly:leksa.chm at gmail.com

Many thanks!

Leksa Chmielewski