MCLC: sustainability in philosophy?

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Tue Nov 29 09:48:41 EST 2011

MCLC LIST
From: christopher payne <cnpayne76 at gmail.com>
Subject: sustainability in philosophy?

Dear MCLC List Members:

Somewhat related to a previous post on sustainability in Chinese films
(which has been helpful), next year (2012) I will be teaching a short
summer session course at Sungkyunkwan University (Seoul, Korea) on the
topic of 'Sustainability in Chinese Philosophy'. The students will be a
mix of undergrads from various countries with varying degrees of English
competency, although the teaching medium is English.

At present I am looking for what might be appropriate materials (articles,
documentaries, books, or even a possible textbook that addresses the
subject if such exists!), that is not too philosophically heavy but gives
a well-rounded introduction nonetheless.

Any suggestions would be most welcome and appreciated. Please respond
either to the MCLC list or to: cnpayne76 at gmail.com

My gratitude.

Christopher N Payne
Academy of East Asian Studies