MCLC: ditch Taiwan (1,2)

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Sun Nov 13 13:28:29 EST 2011

MCLC LIST
From: ian johnson <iandjohnson at gmail.com>
Subject: ditch Taiwan (1)

It strikes me as a silly oped based on a completely implausible and
impossible premise.  I'm all for blue-skying and thinking outside the box
but this entire idea is ridiculous. It's so far from reality that it's
pointless to think it through. But if one must, then I'd say it reflects a
naïveté that caving into China would strengthen the US.  Historically
those kinds of deals never work.  And since this is a lit-serv one might
also draw on a (western) cultural reference: Dr. Faustus.

Ian

From: Terry Russell <trussel at cc.umanitoba.ca>
Subject: ditch Taiwan (2)

List members might enjoy this short Next Media Animation piece on the