MCLC: China and the Human

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Thu Dec 22 10:29:41 EST 2011

MCLC LIST
From: magnus fiskesjo (magnus.fiskesjo at cornell.edu)
Subject: China and the Human

List Members:

In case you have not seen it yet, I just wanted to advertise the new
special issue of the journal Social Text, on "China and the Human", in 2
parts, of which the first, 109.4, just came out (including an article by
myself entitled "The Animal Other: China¹s Barbarians and Their Renaming
in the Twentieth Century").

Part 2 will come out next year. See the table of contents for Social Text
109.4, below, and at: http://socialtext.dukejournals.org
<http://socialtext.dukejournals.org/>

best wishes,
Magnus Fiskesjö
nf42 at cornell.edu

________________________________

Social Text Online Table of Contents Alert

A new issue of Social Text<http://socialtext.dukejournals.org/> is
available online:
China and the Human, Part I: December 2012; Vol. 29, No. 4_109

The below Table of Contents is available online at:
http://socialtext.dukejournals.org/content/vol29/issue4_109/?etoc

________________________________
Articles
________________________________
Introduction: China and the Human
By David L. Eng, Teemu Ruskola, and Shuang Shen
Social Text 2012;29 1-27
<http://socialtext.dukejournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/29/4_109/1<http://
socialtext.dukejournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/29/4_109/1?etoc>

Homo Dissensum Significans, or The Perils of Taking a Stand in China
By Gloria Davies
Social Text 2012;29 29-56
<http://socialtext.dukejournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/29/4_109/29<http:/
/socialtext.dukejournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/29/4_109/29?etoc>

The Animal Other: China's Barbarians and Their Renaming in the Twentieth
Century
By Magnus Fiskesjö
Social Text 2012;29 57-79
<http://socialtext.dukejournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/29/4_109/57<http:/
/socialtext.dukejournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/29/4_109/57?etoc>

Cosmologies, Globalization, and Their Humans
By Eric Hayot
Social Text 2012;29 81-105
<http://socialtext.dukejournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/29/4_109/81<http:/
/socialtext.dukejournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/29/4_109/81?etoc>

Worlding Oneness: Daoism, Heidegger, and Possibilities for Treating the
Human
By Mei Zhan
Social Text 2012;29 107-128
<http://socialtext.dukejournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/29/4_109/107<http:
//socialtext.dukejournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/29/4_109/107?etoc>

I Want to Be Human: A Story of China and the Human
By Dai Jinhua and Shuang Shen
Social Text 2012;29 129-150
<http://socialtext.dukejournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/29/4_109/129<http:
//socialtext.dukejournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/29/4_109/129?etoc>