Happy Fall Break! This week's plan + T-Shirt Design Contest

Walston, Ryan walston.27 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Tue Oct 11 22:36:20 EDT 2022

Hey everyone!

Happy fall break week! I know everyone’s looking forward to it, and I also know that we all need it. Be sure to take these couple days to recharge and do whatever you need to do to get back to school next weeking feeling ready for the second half of the semester.

This week:

As for this week, we will not be having an official meeting due to the break, however myself and a few of the other execs will still be in town, so we’ll be happy to organize an unofficial cruise. Whether that’s on Thursday or another time, we’ll cross that bridge when we get there.

Stuff coming up:

There are two other pretty cool things coming up, both of which you may have already read about. First, the Akron Longboarding Club is hosting a downhill event this weekend on Friday/Saturday. I know at least one of us in the club is going, and there may be more. If you need a ride out of Columbus I know there was a car being offered in the chat by John Hamilton. If you’re interested please hit him up, and follow @akronlbc on Instagram for more information.

Another event is the Pushing Purdue distance/endurance race at Purdue university. This is taking place next Sunday, October 23. Obviously Purdue is a good bit away from Columbus, but if this is something you’re interested in, please reach out cause I would love to make this a day trip.

Secondly, *T-SHIRTS*!!!!

Yep, we’re bringing back the t-shirt design contest for a 2nd year in a row. If you have any sort of graphic design skill, or you just want to try, feel free to submit a t-shirt design.

Some guidelines:
Maximum of two designs per person. One design is a front and/or back of shirt logo (they can be different).

Designs MUST be emailed to me, Walston.27 at osu.edu<mailto:Walston.27 at osu.edu>, for them to be counted as submissions. Please make sure to include your name and something like “t-shirt design submission” in the subject line. DESIGNS SENT IN THE GROUPME WILL NOT BE COUNTED. Way too many messages get sent in there for us to try to track down who is submitting what.

As for the design itself, please keep it to single-color, and a line-art style design. Extra colors increase cost shockingly fast.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask in the chat or dm any of the exec members.

That’s all I have for now. Stay safe & sane everyone.

Code 1: 10% Off at Bustin Boards (confirmed to still be active)

The code: osulbc

Another Code: 10% off Ghost longboards

The code: “gwyn” (what a weird code)

Groupme link:

https://groupme.com/join_group/86807377/Od7SPFoS<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/groupme.com/join_group/86807377/Od7SPFoS__;!!KGKeukY!wPH4uMqm5GwZkZ1IS49nWpKTzFvLBpoudoisyicw3yoDH8aEJKyjgeO5DMxqIONVD3KgPkHDF70jvjjpwdmn08JqLLsU7mHF$>

Stay safe everyone,

Ryan Walston, President

Gwyn Tanner, Vice President

Yunhan Bi,  Treasurer