[Intl_DxMedPhys] Student looking for a shadowing option

Diane Elmer delmer at mpcphysics.com
Wed Sep 23 15:14:45 EDT 2026


I found this on page 109 in the 2015 ACR MRI QC manual (notice that the
required tests are identical to TJC list in the original post):





and this on page 111 in the 2015 ACR MRI QC manual:





Interestingly, this is not included in the 2017 ACR CT manual.



And it is described on AAPM TG 18 (2005) on page 68 , but a search of AAPM
TG report 270 (2019) on the word “spatial” does not find the word pair
“spatial accuracy”, but it does find “spatial resolution”.



Looks it looks to me like it’s a holdover from the older literature.  Seems
to me that it they should be looking for spatial resolution rather than
spatial accuracy.



Diane M. Elmer, M.S., DABR, CHP

Medical Physicist
Medical Physics Consultants, Inc.

217-553-3049

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.mpcphysics.com/__;!!KGKeukY!zjn3dLhcErIwI-NvrB_U2zQFEYLsRdvvhcSfuLcmK8rKaqAaTaA5tRNvRUikm_nuy6lxSSrvOCyBgLcIVFCH7rsKu__kM6cD6vR78Rz9$ 
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.mpcphysics.com/__;!!N3hqHg43uw!pA9_eUvRBD4bMSj9yJuoatigeQWYHwjYtCLHp0Tm3gmz_JQN2aI85LMe19oN_KGof9FutFak4HPxzJX4M5JYtBM$>

*[image: logo]*



*From:* Intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list <
intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list-bounces at lists.osu.edu> *On Behalf Of *Bob
Kobistek via Intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list
*Sent:* Wednesday, September 23, 2026 1:52 PM
*To:* DxMedPhys List <intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list at lists.osu.edu>
*Subject:* [Intl_DxMedPhys] Student looking for a shadowing option



Hello. I received the following request from a soon-to-be graduate student
hoping to find a physicist in NE Ohio that he could shadow. As a lone
consultant, I’m not equipped to navigate HIPPA requirements nor do I want
to impose upon my customers.

Hello.



I received the following request from a soon-to-be graduate student hoping
to find a physicist in NE Ohio that he could shadow. As a lone consultant,
I’m not equipped to navigate HIPPA requirements nor do I want to impose
upon my customers. So I thought maybe a hospital-based physicist might be
willing to help. Here’s a copy of his request with his name redacted. If
you can help, contact me directly.  Thanks.



Mr. Kobistek, Good morning!



My name is XXX. I am a local resident and Columbiana High School graduate.
I recently finished my undergraduate degree, earning both a B.S. in
astrophysics and a B.A. in mathematics, along with a minor in Spanish. Now,
with my strong background in physics and mathematics, I am looking to
return to school to obtain a higher degree and pursue a career in Medical
Physics (radiology-focused). I am currently applying to graduate programs,
and several schools strongly recommend that I gain shadowing experience
with a medical physicist to strengthen my application.



I received your contact information from YYY after reaching out to her
regarding opportunities to shadow a Medical Physicist. Since you are a
consulting Medical Physicist with RJK Medical Physics Inc., I hope that you
may be able to assist me in gaining exposure to this profession.



If you were to offer me a shadowing spot with you and your program, I would
appreciate knowing potential dates and times, as well as any information or
documentation required before I arrive.



Thank you immensely for your consideration. I aspire to work with you and
your organization in the near future!







Robert J. Kobistek, MS, FACR, DABR, MRSE(MRSC™)

Medical Physicist

RJK Medical Physics, Inc.

440-463-7879
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.osu.edu/pipermail/intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list/attachments/20260923/9158a457/attachment.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: image003.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 2786 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.osu.edu/pipermail/intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list/attachments/20260923/9158a457/attachment.jpg>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: image004.png
Type: image/png
Size: 445654 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.osu.edu/pipermail/intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list/attachments/20260923/9158a457/attachment.png>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: image005.png
Type: image/png
Size: 299236 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.osu.edu/pipermail/intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list/attachments/20260923/9158a457/attachment-0001.png>


More information about the Intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list mailing list