[Intl_DxMedPhys] TJC acquisition monitor requirements

Bob Kobistek bob at rjkmedphys.com
Wed Sep 23 09:32:07 EDT 2026


I’d forgotten about that. A while back I used to check it by measuring the length of some number of squares on a SMPTE pattern in both vertically and horizontally. So it was more of an aspect ratio test, but that’s the only thing I could think of that could be called spatial accuracy as it relates only to the monitor.


Robert J. Kobistek, MS, FACR, DABR, MRSE(MRSC™)
Medical Physicist
RJK Medical Physics, Inc.
440-463-7879

From: Intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list <intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list-bounces at lists.osu.edu> On Behalf Of Douglas Pfeiffer via Intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list
Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2026 8:31 AM
To: DxMedPhys List <intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list at lists.osu.edu>
Subject: [Intl_DxMedPhys] TJC acquisition monitor requirements

Good morning! I just received a document to prepare us for upcoming TJC inspections. It includes the following: My question is about the last item - spatial accuracy. I’ve never measured spatial accuracy on an acquisition display, and I don’t
Good morning!

I just received a document to prepare us for upcoming TJC inspections. It includes the following:
[cid:image001.png at 01DD4B3E.65CEA540]

My question is about the last item - spatial accuracy. I’ve never measured spatial accuracy on an acquisition display, and I don’t remember anyone ever talking about it. The only time I could imagine it being an issue at all is during MR- and CT-guided biopsies, but that is accuracy of the system calipers and not a function of the display. What are folks doing with this one?

Best regards,
Doug



Douglas Pfeiffer, MS, DABR FACR, FAAPM (he/him)
Medical Physicist, Radiation Safety Officer
Boulder Community Health
xraydoug at me.com<mailto:xraydoug at me.com>
303.415.7515

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

The opinions expressed in this message are the product of the gray and white matter loitering in my cranium. I speak for myself and no one else, unless I say otherwise.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.osu.edu/pipermail/intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list/attachments/20260923/d3f111c8/attachment.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: image001.png
Type: image/png
Size: 39407 bytes
Desc: image001.png
URL: <http://lists.osu.edu/pipermail/intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list/attachments/20260923/d3f111c8/attachment.png>


More information about the Intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list mailing list