[Heb-NACO] Romanization question: לחשוב

Miller, Caroline crmiller at library.ucla.edu
Wed May 22 13:49:19 EDT 2024

All,

I have a book with the title:  לחשוב אסלאמית

OCLC (#1424768645) has the romanization as “La-ḥashov” which doesn’t seem to be correct.  The nikud is patah under the ל then sheva under the ח according to my edition of Even Shoshan and Rav Milim (לַחְשֹׁב).  LC’s catalog has an assortment of different romanizations for that word (La-ḥeshov, La-ḥashov, Laḥashov).  I’m thinking that La-ḥeshov would be the correct romanization.  Please confirm.  This would be a good one to add to the wiki.

Thanks.

Caroline

Caroline R. Miller
Team Leader, Discovery Team
Hebraica/Judaica Metadata Librarian
UCLA Library Resource Acquisitions and Metadata Services
2400 Life Sciences Building
621 Charles E Young Drive South
Box 957230
Los Angeles, CA  90095-7230