[Heb-NACO] Bencher/birkon classifcation

Lili Brown ljbrown at stanford.edu
Wed Feb 14 17:35:51 EST 2024

Hi all,

I'm working with a colleague of mine here to catalog a Turkish-Ladino birkon and I'm seeking a bit of advice for constructing the call number.

It seems that BM675.G7 is where this item should be classed, specifically BM675.G7Z67-.G7Z679 (Non-traditional rites, Other. By editor or institution given in uniform title). It's not said explicitly what nusach it is. Moreover, it's a birkon printed in the honor of a Bar Mitzvah and there isn't an editor or institution to class by or to put in a uniform title. I'll note that this is for a record intended for Level 3 cataloging, but I am still curious as to how others would class/describe this item if full original cataloging were needed.

The title of the work is Yiyecekler için şükran dualari (berahalar) with parallel title סדר ברכות הנהנין. I appreciate any guidance or direction to other parts of the class schedule. Thank you!

Best,
Lili

Lili Brown (she/her)

Metadata Librarian for Hebraica and Judaica

Metadata Services

[cid:111d5a18-00c6-4de7-a64c-1d169f186199]