[Heb-NACO] help identifying work, manifestation

Heidi G Lerner lerner at stanford.edu
Fri Feb 9 12:18:46 EST 2024

Dear safranim,

I am cataloging remotely what I believe is a pastiche of at least two different editions of the prayers for Shabat. The manifestation that I am working on would have been put together at least before 1926. The volume lacks any kind of publication or title information. I could not locate an online version of any of the printings.

My first hunch is that at least some of it comes from a multivolume set (5 volumes?) published by Henry Frowde in London, edited by Moses Gaster, David de Sola. The text is in Hebrew and English on facing pages. I may be completely off track on this.

My hope and request is that at least one of you could supply me images of the following page numbers of volume 1. There are several printings (hard to say if they all match). I would like to see pages 44-45,129-128, 130, 163-164, 171-172, 181-182. All or some, or even one of these pages could give me some guidance.

Any help that you can provide would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance. Sincerely, Heidi Lerner

Heidi G. Lerner, Stanford University Libraries, emerita
email: lerner at stanford.edu
ph: 650-740-4720