[Heb-NACO] Romanization of ההונן

Galron, Joseph galron.1 at osu.edu
Fri Jul 28 13:48:51 EDT 2023

Lili,
It is החונן – ha-.honen

See
https://www.hebrewbooks.org/34826

Yossi

From: Heb-naco On Behalf Of Lili Brown via Heb-naco
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2023 1:09 PM
To: heb-naco at lists.osu.edu
Subject: [Heb-NACO] Romanization of ההונן

kol tsoholah 1. pdf Hi all, Hopping on the Romanization help train here. Thanks in advance for your time and assistance! I'm cataloging a reproduction of ספר קול צהלה (original OCLC: #500291215) and am stuck on the word ההונן in the subtitle.
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
This Message Is From an External Sender
    Report Suspicious  <https://us-phishalarm-ewt.proofpoint.com/EWT/v1/KGKeukY!vwQf0kaND6YAJRdxv06k14thxB_C7kxb-24zJ2AKZz9rPDPQ9xAxOWYuUvy1m_uOPINqEn62sO3jUiJFedJQM3x56JgodtgstfXOvUedjoFGtJn4bI-5DsofQBotprFYmTra3abMgjXyjGi9$>   ‌
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd
[Image removed by sender.]kol tsoholah 1.pdf<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/office365stanford-my.sharepoint.com/:b:/g/personal/ljbrown_stanford_edu/EVdXZ2sxVUJOuMbErF8xKKUBZG0d-2xD53PdBL286CI4kQ__;!!KGKeukY!wOYQzpQLEVByZlIEzR4T5CNa4BIHkaX6Bha4sPV20J3DG1mAfHN4U-533GunYXRgMtjpmvUYewGjFIi2P09HnQlU$>

Hi all,

Hopping on the Romanization help train here. Thanks in advance for your time and assistance!

I'm cataloging a reproduction of ספר קול צהלה (original OCLC: #500291215) and am stuck on the word ההונן in the subtitle. I've attached the title page - as you can see, the reproduction isn't crystal clear, but I feel certain that the spelling is ההונן rather than one of the ה's being a ח, but I could definitely be wrong. A keyword search of this word didn't lend me any results, and I can't seem to track it down in Even Shoshan (pages I consulted also attached).

In context, the whole subtitle phrase makes me think it is a sort of conjugation or (mis?)spelling of הון, so my best guess at the Romanization is ha-honan.

Curious what others think and would appreciate any perspectives!

Best,
Lili

P.S. - if anyone can't view the PDF attachment, let me know. I originally attached it to the email as a separate file (versus a OneDrive link), but the listserv said it was too big a file to send out. My apologies if that means this email went out twice...!

Lili Brown (she/her)
Metadata Librarian for Hebraica and Judaica
Metadata Services
[cid:image001.png at 01D9C15A.0E29D420]