[Heb-NACO] romanization question

Robert M. TALBOTT rtalbott at library.berkeley.edu
Thu Feb 3 16:13:34 EST 2022

HI Rachel:

That's a sticky one. I suggest ke-ilu. Why?  Because the first entry in the
ES definitiion is a "roe" to ilu.  Also somewhere in the HCM we're advised
to use the hyphenate when encountering cases that are hybrid or confusing.
In any event once a decision is made it would be nice to have this added to
the Romanization FAQs.

My two cents

Bob

On Thu, Feb 3, 2022 at 11:58 AM Rachel Simon via Heb-naco <
heb-naco at lists.osu.edu> wrote:

> How is  כאילו   romanized? I saw several ways.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Rachel

Bob Talbott

Hebraica cataloger/Curatorial Assistant to the Judaica Collection

UC Berkeley

250 Moffitt

Berkeley, CA 94720

Lue musaraba shu biburueada Bilgameshe nam habadabkure.