[Heb-NACO] help with vocalizing, meaning of Aramaic word

Shinohara, Jasmin jshino at pobox.upenn.edu
Tue Dec 20 18:21:30 EST 2022

Agree with Barry.

Looking at E-Sh under the root רכס, the third option gives the Aramaic אִירְכַּס, irkas, and shows it in the nif‘al form as נִירְכְּסָא, nirkesa. So I think the form you’re looking for, Heidi, is ketubah de-irkesa (created to replace a lost ketubah).

--Jasmin

I would say ketubah de-irkesa, which seems to mean a ketubah that was lost. See Tur, Even ha-ezer, 66. Barry On Tue, Dec 20, 2022 at 11: 37 PM Heidi G Lerner via Heb-naco <heb-naco@ lists. osu. edu> wrote: Hi, I am cataloging a document related