[Heb-NACO] help with vocalizing, meaning of Aramaic word

Miriam Gloger miriamgloger at bookops.org
Tue Dec 20 16:51:22 EST 2022

Ketuba de- ikarsa
a replacement ketuba for one that was lost or stolen

page 48 Jastrow

איכרא

On Tue, Dec 20, 2022 at 4:37 PM Heidi G Lerner via Heb-naco <
heb-naco at lists.osu.edu> wrote:

> Hi, I am cataloging a document related to ketubot and within is a word
> (Aramaic?) "דאירכסא". I have tried to locate a vocalized form of the word
> via Sefaria, checked Jastrow for meaning/vocalization and I cannot find
> anything to clarify.
> Hi,
>
> I am cataloging a document related to ketubot and within is a word
> (Aramaic?)
>
> "דאירכסא".
>
> I have tried to locate a vocalized form of the word via Sefaria, checked
> Jastrow for meaning/vocalization
> and I cannot find anything to clarify.
>
> Any help on transcription and meaning, as well as the root of the word
> will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> Heidi Lerner
>

> Heidi G. Lerner
>
> Metadata Librarian for Hebraica and Judaica Emerita, Stanford University
> Libraries

*Miriam Gloger*
Senior Librarian
Cataloging Metadata Team
BookOps

New York Public Library &
Brooklyn Public Library
31-11 Thomson Avenue, Long Island City, NY 11101
(917) 229-9575