[Heb-NACO] פלסטינים

Barry Dov Walfish barry.dov.walfish at gmail.com
Fri May 17 10:41:32 EDT 2019

Re Palestine/Falastin this article by Prof. Shimon Shamir is instructive:
https://www.the7eye.org.il/27274 .
In light of this, it seems to me that romanization should be determined by
the Hebrew spelling. If it's spelled with a samekh and tet (פלסטיני,
פלסטין), then it's Falastin, Falastini, etc..
But if it's spelled with sin and tav, then it's Palestinah, Palestina'i
(פלשתינה, פלשתינאי).
Rav-milim and Morfix have both forms. And we shouldn't be confusing the
two, even if the usage is sloppy.
Barry