[Heb-NACO] Yehud Monoson: 3 vavs

Shinohara, Jasmin jshino at pobox.upenn.edu
Fri Jun 1 13:21:30 EDT 2018

Thanks, Robert.

While we’re sharing friendly reminders, I’ll add that when supplying information, it is done in the language of the cataloging agency (see PCC Guidelines for Creating Bibliographic records in Multiple Character Sets<https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0ahUKEwiviJW4_LLbAhVGx1kKHW-SD7sQFggvMAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.loc.gov%2Faba%2Fpcc%2Fbibco%2Fdocuments%2FPCCNonLatinGuidelines.pdf&usg=AOvVaw1n6lUQZV0gsN1mpAan-u9u>, p. 5). For us Stateside, that would be English. So the presumed place of publication for, say, Sifre ‘Iton 77 is [Tel Aviv] (or [Israel]) in both the romanized/English 264 and the linked vernacular 264. (Same for [Bene Beraḳ] and [Be’er Shevaʻ] (the NAF forms for those towns) for publications by Ḳibuts ha-meʼuḥad and Mekhon Ben-Guryon le-ḥeker Yiśraʼel ṿeha-Tsiyonut, respectively.)

Thank you. <Steps off soapbox> ☺

Best wishes and שבת שלום, Jasmin