[Heb-NACO] Erroneous date of publication

Heidi G Lerner lerner at stanford.edu
Fri Aug 31 11:01:50 EDT 2018

Here is the RDA rule that supports Bob's suggestion:

If a date of publication as it appears on the manifestation is known to be fictitious or incorrect, make a note giving the actual date (see 2.17.7.3[http://access.rdatoolkit.org/images/rdalink.png]<http://access.rdatoolkit.org/document.php?id=rdachp2&target=rda2-9110#rda2-9110>).--RDA 2.8.6.3

My only addition to Bob's solution is to add a ? to the bracketed inferred date because we do not for certain that it was published in 2018,

Thanks Bob.

Beset, Heidi

Heidi G. Lerner

Metadata Librarian for Hebraica and Judaica

Metadata Dept.

Stanford University Libraries

Stanford, CA 94305-6004

ph: 650-725-9953