[Heb-NACO] another foreign-loan word (insert groan here)

Kuperman, Aaron akup at loc.gov
Mon Aug 7 12:47:16 EDT 2017

“ism” is more complicated since it is a foreign loan word in English as well, and the “s” is pronounced as a “z”.  If our Romanization is an attempt to mimic how Israelis pronounce Hebrew (including foreign loan words in Hebrew), we would assume they pronounce it as in English, which means a “z” sound.--Aaron (who, BTW, loves hearing all these marvelous arguments AGAINST Romanization).

Aaron Kuperman, LC Law Cataloging Section.
This is not an official communication from my employer