[Heb-NACO] super works with the same title

Heidi G Lerner lerner at stanford.edu
Mon Feb 8 14:05:20 EST 2016

Hi Robert,

I am not sure that there is any clean way to handle this.

One way that you might avoid this cumbersome construction is to catalog it under the title for the Masekhet ( Talmud. Sotah) and add a series statement for Ḳovets mefarshim;  then trace it and establish the series with the name of the publisher as a qualifier. If you follow this course, you will have to establish the name of the publisher if it is not already established.

You could enter it under "Sotah" quality with the year of publication, trace the series and establish with the name of the publisher as a qualifier.

Another possibility might be enter it under Sotah, not trace the series, and qualify it with the name of the publisher.

I look forward to hearing what my colleagues suggest for Bob.

Best, Heidi

Heidi G. Lerner
Metadata Librarian for Hebraica and Judaica
Metadata Dept.
Stanford University Libraries
Stanford, CA 94305-6004
ph: 650-725-9953