[Heb-NACO] super works with the same title

Robert M. TALBOTT rtalbott at library.berkeley.edu
Mon Feb 8 12:37:32 EST 2016

Folks:

1) I have in front of me a volume called Kovets mefarshim : sotah,
published by Mekhon Baale asufot, 5776.

2) A quick look in the database reveals that Yerid ha-sefarim is also
publishes a superwork called Kovets maefarshim, though they have yet
to publish a volume on Sotah.

3) I am assuming that, even though Kovets mefarshim to Sotah from
Yerid he-sefarim doesn't exist, there is a conflict because they
Y.ha-s. is already using the Kovest mefarshim moniker.

My questions:

a) Is it a superwork if there's only one volume?

b) Is there a conflict or am I out in the weeds?

c) If there is a conflict, does the aap look like: Kovets mefarshim
(Mekhon Baale asufot) (Sotah)? I confess to being very uneasy with
this construction.

Thanks

Bob

--