[Heb-NACO] safah berurah

Barry Walfish barry.walfish at utoronto.ca
Wed Sep 16 15:17:37 EDT 2015

As far as I could determine, Mishnah berurah is found only in the Talmud (Shabbat 139a), so since it’s not biblical, the rule doesn’t apply.

Safah berurah/verurah is biblical, so the rule should apply, but the question is, if it appears in a non-biblical context, such as a book title, should the rule still apply? I suspect very few people would search under safah verurah, so would suggest giving it as an alternate reading and using berurah in the main heading.

Barry