[Heb-NACO] Sifre kodesh-ese

Robert M. TALBOTT rtalbott at library.berkeley.edu
Fri May 16 14:26:52 EDT 2014

Folks:

I surely do wish we had a new edition of Maher.  I know one's in the works,
but golly, guidance is nice.

Anyhow, I'm putting together a record a Mikraot gedolot ed. by David
Holzer; publisher: Al ha-rishoim) and I've got some general questions about
the finer points of performing this sort of work in the RDA environment.

1) So, I haven't quite decided on a 130 yet (Bible. Pentateuch. Hebrew.
2012 seems fine, but see blow), but the relational terminology for the 1xx
is giving me a fit.  It's core to supply relation terms for creators, and I
sure do like to include this sort of thing even for PFCs (persons,
families, & coporate bodies, not Privates First Class) of all sorts.  But
is there an appropriate relational term just a regular old 130 in this
instance?

2) Formulating the 130:  Like I said above, Bible. Pentateuch. Hebrew. 2012
seems fine, and it's likely what I'm going to use, but one wonders whether
or not we'll be getting any recommendations for preferred formulations for
this sort of thing in the new Hebraica cataloging manual.  Will we be
getting pointers and/or "best practices" in the new HC?  If so, what might
they be?

For reference, here's my unreleased record

050 4BS1222 ǂb .H65 2012
049  CUYM
1300 Bible. ǂp Pentateuch. ǂl Hebrew. ǂf 2012
24510מקראות גדולות החוט המשולם : ǂb עם פירוש רש"י ... / ǂc הרב דוד הולצר,
ראש מכון על הראשונים.
24510Miḳraʼot gedolot  ha-Ḥuṭ ha-meshulam : ǂb ʻim perush Rashi ... / ǂc
ha-Rav Daṿid Holtser, rosh Mekhon ʻAl ha-Rishonim.
2463 חוט המשולם
2463 Ḥuṭ ha-meshulam
264 1ירושלים : ǂb על הראשונים, ǂc [2012-  ]
264 1Yerushalayim : ǂb ʻAl ha-Rishonim, ǂc [2012-  ]
300  volumes <2> ; ǂc 28 cm
336  text ǂ2 rdacontent
337  unmediated ǂ2 rdamedia
338  volume ǂ2 rdacarrier
5051 -- [2] Shemot
63000Bible. ǂp Pentateuch ǂv Commentaries.
7001 הולצר, דוד.
7001 Holzer, David ǂc (Rabbi), ǂe editor.

Thanks in advance

Bob Talbott
Hebraica Cataloger
UC Berkeley