[Heb-NACO] RDA question

Kuperman, Aaron akup at loc.gov
Fri Jun 20 09:31:07 EDT 2014

RDA allows cataloger judgment. The only time I’ve heard of needing two places of publication is for LC staff on CIPs if the first place of publication isn’t in the US.  Of course, one may include more than the first (and one may include detailed statements on distributor and printer). Its more analogous to the Torah’s world’s distinction between לכתחילה  and בדיעבד.

Aaron Kuperman, LC Law Cataloging Section.
This is not an official communication from my employer