[Heb-NACO] Fwd: [rda-testing-su] Fwd: [PCCLIST] 675 in DCM to be updated

Heidi G Lerner lerner at stanford.edu
Fri May 10 11:08:12 EDT 2013

FYI

-------- Original Message -------- Subject: 	[PCCLIST] 675 in DCM to be updated
Date: 	Fri, 10 May 2013 10:46:07 -0400
From: 	Cristan, Ana Lupe <acri at LOC.GOV>
To: 	PCCLIST at LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

Dear Folks,
I tried to send out a message yesterday but it got bounced so I'm trying again today.  Yes, the DCM needs to be updated.  I'll see to it post haste, but it will not appear in CDT until the July release.  In the meantime I'll ask Paul to put something the in the Post RDA guidelines.
Sorry about the confusion - as many have mentioned the 675 is now defined soley to record that an attempt to find information has been made in an effort to keep others from duplicating the same search.  We will remome the information about using the field to record that only the later or earlier name of a corporate body was found.
Have a great weekend!
Ana Lupe Cristán
Library of Congress
Policy and Standards Division