[Heb-NACO] RDA Question? - LCCN 2012491460

Heidi G Lerner lerner at stanford.edu
Wed Feb 20 18:14:48 EST 2013

Yosi, from my perspective this is a case of cataloger's judgement. It seems that the cataloger chose to treat this as a compilation of works by more than one creator. In this case there is no 100 but two 700s for each of each of the creator and the preferred titles for their works.
RDA 6.27.1.4 that in compilations where there is more than one creator we identify the compilation by its preferred title which is usually the title proper of the manifestation. Since this compilation lacks a collective title the n we construct access points for each of the works in the compilation. Since RDA is not format specific and the concept of "main entry' does not exist, LC has interpereted this to mean that we put these in 7xx fields.

Another way of treating this which would allow us to keep Ms. Brick in the  100 field is not to make an access point for Ms. Atwood but simply note the presence of her small number of poems in a note.

Either way is correct according to RDA.