[Heb-NACO] Place of publication, publisher, not identified

Rita Lifton rilifton at jtsa.edu
Thu Dec 12 13:09:01 EST 2013

Under RDA, what phrases are libraries using for works in Hebrew that lack place of publication and/or publisher? Is the practice to spell out the exact phrases that were formerly abbreviated i.e “[חסר מקום]” and “[חסר מוציא לאור]”? I came across documentation from NIL and noted that they appear to use “[מקום ההוצאה לא זוהה]” and “[מוציא לאור לא זוהה]”. The latter phrases seem to be more exact translations of “[place of publication not identified]” and “[publisher not identified]”. I would appreciate your input.

Thanks,
Rita Lifton
(On behalf of the Cataloging Dept.)
Library of The Jewish Theological Seminary