[Heb-NACO] (no subject)

Aaron Kuperman akup at loc.gov
Fri Oct 5 15:03:39 EDT 2012

I suggest compiling a resource arranging the consensus reached on "best
practices" , which in RDA is a bit more complicated since RDA is more
flexible.  While presumably anything that is LC/PCC "core" needs to be
done that way, there is a lot of room for discretation, and if
catalogers don't exercise "cataloger judgement" is roughly the same way
on many points, copycat will become much more difficult.

--Aaron Kuperman

(who only does a bit of Hebrew at LC, but is involved with a "best
practices" project involving AALL-the law library community)

On Fri, 5 Oct
2012, Heidi G Lerner wrote:

> Dear Heb-Naco listserv members,
>
> As more and more of us start to create bibliographic and authority records according to RDA a number questions and issues will arise. We feel that Heb-NACO is a very good forum for sharing our questions and answers, and open discussions on the many issues that are going to come up.
>
> The Metadata Development Unit at Stanford University has used an internal mail list to enable its staff to maintain an ongoing forum since becoming official RDA testers in the Fall of 2011. The success of this model has supported our hopes for Heb-Naco to serve in a similar capacity.
>
> To simplify the identification of messages related to RDA we recommend that each one sent have "RDA: [question, issue, answer ... [et al.]" at the head of the subject line.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Heidi, Joan and Yosi
>

> --
>
> Heidi G. Lerner
> Hebraica/Judaica Cataloger
> Metadata Development Unit
> Stanford University Libraries
> Stanford, CA 94305-6004
> e-mail: lerner at stanford.edu
> ph: 650-725-9953
> fax: 650-725-1120

Aaron Wolfe Kuperman
Library of Congress, ABA USPL, Law Cataloging Section

This is NOT an official communication from the Library of Congress.