[Heb-NACO] Romanization of non-Hebrew proper nouns

Jay Rovner jarovner at jtsa.edu
Mon Nov 28 12:38:56 EST 2011

Please consider a “second thought” that occurred to me. Using guidance from information on vernacular pronunciation might allow one to consider the yod as simply an indicator of vocalic value, and Romanize מ(א)ריו as Mario.
JR

Jay Rovner, PhD
Manuscript Bibliographer
Library of The Jewish Theological Seminary
5501 Library
3080 Broadway
New York City, New York  10027
(212) 678-8045