[Comicsstudiessociety] CFP: Community and Comics panel at SAMLA (Nov 4-6 in Atlanta)

Jason Todd jtodd1 at xula.edu
Fri Mar 26 09:43:42 EDT 2021

I just had this panel approved and invite proposals. The conference theme
is "Social Networks, Social Distances". My understanding is that they are
planning on a fully in-person conference this year. Here's the link to the
conference web site: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://samla.memberclicks.net/callsforpapers__;!!KGKeukY!mNTxA5sJrZVVPiDdqsNxgD__OKAO-burgOewu071qN3oOt8GBQpX_3f7t1Zwn8HMR_-lB7mYJuJt$ .

*COMMUNITY AND COMICS*

This panel session welcomes submissions on any aspect of comics and comic
studies. Papers addressing the unique communities of comics fandom, the
collaborative nature of comics creation, the representation of community
within comics, or any other attempt to address the conference theme are
especially welcome. By June 1, 2021, please submit an abstract of 200-300
words, a brief biographical sketch, and any media or scheduling requests to
Jason S. Todd, Xavier University of Louisiana, at jtodd1 at xula.edu.
=====
Jason S. Todd, Ph.D. (jtodd1 at xula.edu)

*Associate Professor, Department of English (xula.edu/english
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://xula.edu/english__;!!KGKeukY!mNTxA5sJrZVVPiDdqsNxgD__OKAO-burgOewu071qN3oOt8GBQpX_3f7t1Zwn8HMR_-lB2VD9Bsy$ >)Associate Director, Center for the Advancement of
Teaching and Faculty Development (cat.xula.edu <https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://cat.xula.edu/__;!!KGKeukY!mNTxA5sJrZVVPiDdqsNxgD__OKAO-burgOewu071qN3oOt8GBQpX_3f7t1Zwn8HMR_-lB0RbKX-R$ >)*
*XAVIER UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA*
*Pronouns*: He/Him/His

   - *Get on my Calendar:* https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://calendly.com/jason_s_todd__;!!KGKeukY!mNTxA5sJrZVVPiDdqsNxgD__OKAO-burgOewu071qN3oOt8GBQpX_3f7t1Zwn8HMR_-lB6ftDs8S$
   - *Meet me on Zoom*: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://xula.zoom.us/my/jason.s.todd__;!!KGKeukY!mNTxA5sJrZVVPiDdqsNxgD__OKAO-burgOewu071qN3oOt8GBQpX_3f7t1Zwn8HMR_-lB4aM8zBV$
   - *Follow me on Twitter*: @jason_s_todd
   <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://twitter.com/jason_s_todd__;!!KGKeukY!mNTxA5sJrZVVPiDdqsNxgD__OKAO-burgOewu071qN3oOt8GBQpX_3f7t1Zwn8HMR_-lB8gK0FLA$ >
   - *Follow me on LinkedIn*: jason-s-todd
   <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.linkedin.com/in/jason-s-todd/__;!!KGKeukY!mNTxA5sJrZVVPiDdqsNxgD__OKAO-burgOewu071qN3oOt8GBQpX_3f7t1Zwn8HMR_-lB8Th5ugQ$ >

--
*E-Mail Privacy/FERPA: This communication may contain confidential
information and is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you