[Comicsstudiessociety] Fwd: Twin Cities Book Festival Author Line-up Announced!

Mike Rhode mrhode at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 15:53:27 EDT 2020

There's quite a few cartoonists listed here, including Derf whose Kent
State book is sure to be fascinating.

FESTIVAL AUTHOR LINE-UP ANNOUNCED Happening Virtually
October 15-17, 2020 • Free to All!
<https://twincitiesbookfestival.com/>

Rain Taxi is proud to present its * twentieth annual Twin Cities Book
Festival! <https://twincitiesbookfestival.com/>* While it won’t be packing
two buildings at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds as usual, the nonprofit
organization is unveiling a virtual version of its beloved book celebration
instead. *“It’s been a challenge, but we are about challenge,”* says Rain
Taxi Executive Director and the TCBF’s artistic director, Eric Lorberer.
“And we are excited to pivot to a digital format in this anniversary year
because it will allow our loyal crowd of home-town festival goers to come
together with our friends across the country, and even the world.”

The 2020 TCBF features a lineup of over three dozen authors writing in a
wide variety of genres, and for a wide variety of ages. This year’s Twin
Cities Book Festival will feature many authors such as those below; *for a
complete list of authors participating, click here.
<https://twincitiesbookfestival.com/authors/>*
Authors for Young Readers <https://twincitiesbookfestival.com/authors/>

Kate DiCamillo, beloved and legendary Minnesotan

Tiffany D. Jackson, critically acclaimed author of
ripped-from-the-headlines YA

David A. Robertson, multi-genre author introducing his new middle grade
fantasy series *The Misewa Saga*

Fantastic Fiction <https://twincitiesbookfestival.com/authors/>

Jasper Fforde, British author of acclaimed absurdist fiction, beaming to us
from his home in Wales

David Hajdu, renowned nonfiction author unleashing his debut novel

Ayad Akhtar, Pulitzer Prize winning playwright and newly named president of
PEN America, also releasing his debut novel

Authors for All Ages <https://twincitiesbookfestival.com/authors/>

Naomi Shihab Nye, Young People’s Poet Laureate of the U.S.

W. Bruce Cameron, beloved by dogs everywhere (and their owners too)

Kwame Alexander & James Patterson, joined forces to create *Becoming
Muhammad Ali*, a biographical novel for young people

Comics Creators <https://twincitiesbookfestival.com/authors/>

Hope Larson, featuring the second book in her popular Eagle Rock series

Derf Backderf, *My Friend Dahmer *author unveiling a powerful new work
about the Kent State shootings

Ursula Murray Husted, Minnesota cartoonist celebrating her new graphic
novel *A Cat’s Story*

Perspectives from Poets <https://twincitiesbookfestival.com/authors/>

Sumita Chakraborty, a former Minnesotan and author of the debut poetry
collection *Arrow*

Heid Erdrich, much-lauded Ojibwe author with her new, National Poetry
Series winning work

Yona Harvey, award-winning poet and author of World of Wakanda comics for
Marvel

Nonfiction of All Kinds <https://twincitiesbookfestival.com/authors/>

R. Sikoryak, illustrator who famously adapts the classics to graphic novel
form, most recently *Constitution Illustrated*

Adam Smyer, with *You Can Keep That To Yourself*, a much-needed guidebook
for well-intentioned people of pallor on what not to say to their Black
“friends.”

Frank Wilderson, returning to the Festival with a lyrical memoir,
*Afropessimism*

More Announcements Coming Soon!