[Comicsstudiessociety] Fwd: [COMIXSCHOLARS-L] Prints & Photographs Division Virtual Reading Room Orientation

Mike Rhode mrhode at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 12:31:33 EDT 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Duke, Sara <sduk at loc.gov>
Date: Thu, Sep 17, 2020 at 10:19 AM
Subject: [COMIXSCHOLARS-L] Prints & Photographs Division Virtual Reading
Room Orientation
To: <COMIXSCHOLARS-L at lists.ufl.edu>

In addition to the international access that virtual cons offer (although I
miss talking to creators in crowded halls and spending way too much money
on comics the most), the Prints & Photographs Division is offering an
opportunity to attend a reading room orientation in the comfort of your own
workspace next Wednesday, September 23rd at 3 pm EDT. Registration is
required: Eventbrite link
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/prints-photographs-division-virtual-orientation-tickets-120717686851
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.eventbrite.com_e_prints-2Dphotographs-2Ddivision-2Dvirtual-2Dorientation-2Dtickets-2D120717686851&d=DwMFAg&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=U5Unf7-i055iIghwvzEOy_GhsKUG6Ka6XgVTTePa3p8&m=xpMsgVy7oALpnUqBOLa34_o6l9elGuPE1ZV9L_dMoF8&s=J7GT3XprE-7H7e60tctVpU6RFASsKE-mLuCUt7P2mZw&e=>.
We will walk you through how to download high resolution images, how to
assess rights restrictions for our images, and a live demonstration of
navigating the Prints & Photographs Online Catalog and some of the other
digital resources we offer. We’re also offering a choose-your-own-adventure
opportunity – by polling attendees to hear about one of three new
collections that are ready for research. I’ll be one of the presenters.
We’re still waiting for Phase 3 when we will be able to welcome researchers
holding reader’s cards back into our reading room.

Sara

Sara W. Duke

Curator, Popular & Applied Graphic Art

Prints & Photographs Division