[Comicsstudiessociety] BTS/Kpop conference, CSUN, Sprin 2021 (plus: comics connections?)

Charles Hatfield charles.hatfield at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 17:03:30 EDT 2020

Please forgive a post that is not strictly comics studies-related:

Next spring my school, CSU Northridge, is hosting an international BTS/Kpop
studies conference, organized by the brilliant Frances Gateward
(distinguished film scholar, Hallyu/Korean Wave expert, and coeditor of *The
Blacker the Ink*):

https://www.csun.edu/bts

*Proposals are due SOON (Friday, Nov. 6). *We’re seeking papers, panels,
lightning talks, videos, workshops—so many possibilities!

Scholars in Kpop, pop music, fandom studies, cultural studies, dance
studies, international relations, etc.—please consider proposing, and do
help spread the word! Thank you.

PS. I have the privilege of serving on the organizing committee, and will
be doing some related cultural studies and comics studies teaching next
term. If anyone has ideas about teaching at the intersection of comics and
Kpop, I’d love to discuss them on- or off-list! (BTS Graphic Lyrics,
Kpop-related Webtoons, etc.)

Best,

CH
Charles Hatfield