[Comicsstudiessociety] [EXTERNAL] Re: Introduction

Rik Spanjers rikspanjers at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 15:07:53 EST 2020

Dear all,

I thought this might be a good time for me to contribute to the wonderful community building that has spontaneously burst into being here. I am Rik Spanjers and I work/live in the Netherlands, teaching on a temporary contract at Utrecht University. Right now, I have a co-edited book in peer-review called Key Terms in Comics Studies. My own work has focused on historical representation in comics (I am in the process of publishing a manuscript called Comics Realism and the Maus Event: Comics and the Dynamics of World War II Remembrance). Right now, I am looking to combine transmedia scholarship with memory studies by looking at the commemoration of operation Market Garden in Arnhem.

Besides researching comics, I also review comics for various Dutch comics/manga magazines and have contributed to an exhibition on the globalization of Japanese popular culture.

Best,

Rik Spanjers

Sent from Mail for Windows 10