[Comicsstudiessociety] [EXTERNAL] Re: Introduction

Laurike in 't Veld laurike1982 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 14:12:16 EST 2020

Hello all,

How lovely to hear from everyone!

I live and work in the Netherlands. I just started an altac job at a
university of technology, but I am still affiliated with the Center for
Historical Culture at the Erasmus University Rotterdam. I work on
depictions of war and genocide in comics and in my book *The Representation
of Genocide in Graphic Novels: Considering the Role of Kitsch*, I try to
tease out some of the tensions and issues around these representations
through the lens of kitsch. Recently I have been pursuing my interest in
depictions of perpetrator characters, tracing how comics on genocide engage
with perpetration and (gradations of) complicity.

I totally miss live conferences, but I am very happy to find out more about
everyone through this channel.

Take care,

Laurike in 't Veld
@drinthefield