[Comicsstudiessociety] Suggestions for Anti-Racism Comics Reading List

Candida Rifkind c.rifkind at uwinnipeg.ca
Thu Jun 4 19:21:26 EDT 2020

Hi everyone. Below is the link to a Google doc list of all the titles suggested by members of the CSS Facebook Group in response to a request for comics/graphic novels addressing racism, policing, and social justice.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1a6RYz3NkT_SOhMr_GKfdYv0SmgHWstYPGGUPhHDFCRg/edit?usp=sharing

I'd like to build this list with member and comics community input, so if you have more suggestions please add them and include a link, and then we can share it more widely as well.

If you can't access the document or want to send me the info privately, feel free to email me directly.

Many thanks to Social Media Strategist Samantha Langsdale for collating the list so far, and we'll work on organizing and editing it once we have more input.

Stay safe,

Candida

Candida Rifkind, PhD

Professor | Department of English | University of Winnipeg

515 Portage Ave., Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 2E9 CANADA
@candidarifkind | www.candidarifkind.com<http://www.candidarifkind.com/> | uwinnipeg.ca/english<https://www.uwinnipeg.ca/english/index.html>

Executive Board | Comics Studies Society

http://comicssociety.org/

Co-Editor | Crossing Lines: Transcultural/Transnational Comics Studies

Wilfrid Laurier University Press
https://www.wlupress.wlu.ca/

At the University of Winnipeg, we acknowledge that we are gathered on ancestral lands, on Treaty One Territory. These lands are the heartland of the Métis people. We acknowledge that our water is sourced from Shoal Lake 40 First Nation.