[Comicsstudiessociety] Exhibitors & Artists' Alley Lineup for COMICS/POLITICS Conference

Candida Rifkind c.rifkind at uwinnipeg.ca
Wed Jul 17 22:28:05 EDT 2019

Alongside the panels, roundtables, and plenaries at our 2nd Annual Conference in Toronto, we're pleased to be hosting several press exhibitors throughout the conference and an Artists' Alley on Friday July 26th.

In our main plenary room, Drawn & Quarterly and Bedside Press will be tabling, and there will be displays of comics studies titles from Rutgers University Press and the University Press of Mississippi. As well, our plenary speakers Tara Audibert, Cole Pauls, Jillian Tamaki, and Fiona Smyth will be signing comics and books at various points throughout the conference. D&Q is also bringing in Chester Brown and Michael DeForge for signing sessions.

On Friday, in the adjacent Student Learning Centre atrium, we will host a free and public Artists' Alley featuring 3 conference attendees and 8 local artists and indie publishers. See the attached poster for the stellar lineup.

See you in Toronto,

Candida

Candida Rifkind, PhD
President, Comics Studies Society &
Professor, Department of English
University of Winnipeg
515 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3B 2E9
Canada
http://candidarifkind.com
<http://www.uwinnipeg.ca/english/>http://www.uwinnipeg.ca/english/<http://www.uwinnipeg.ca/english/>

Co-Editor, Crossing Lines:
Transcultural/Transnational Comics Studies
Wilfrid Laurier University Press

The University of Winnipeg is in Treaty One territory

and the land on which we gather is the traditional territory

of Anishinaabeg, Cree, Oji-Cree, Dakota, and Dene Peoples,

and the homeland of the Métis Nation.