Exp 17 (BAR) - digital lab

Zellmer, Robert zellmer.1 at osu.edu
Tue Mar 29 08:00:46 EDT 2022

You will be working on exp 17 (BAR) this week in lab.

There are Data-to-Collect tables in the manual (pages 127-128) that should

be included in your lab notebook.  For Part B you'll have a SINGLE table

for all 4 solutions, two columns for each solution (time and absorbance).

This is all explained in the lab manual.

There is an Excel template for the report sheets in Carmen.  There are five

worksheets with the various tables on the report sheets.  There are links in

the module for this experiment to the Excel template.

I haven't had a chance to change some of my help files.  I'm not sure I'll get

to those. The example I have for Excel is old and based on the previous

version of the exp. However, it can still be useful in seeing which types of

graphs to do and what to look for to determine the correct order (how to tell

which graph produces the most parallel straight lines and approx. what they

should look like).  The TA will go over this at the start of the lab.  Make sure

you are there at the start of lab since the TA will put you in groups of 2.

Mostly pay attention to how the graphs should look for the next two:

Beer's Law Graph:

https://www.asc.ohio-state.edu/zellmer.1/chem1250/lab/exp17/frame0n.gif

Zero-Order Graph:

https://www.asc.ohio-state.edu/zellmer.1/chem1250/lab/exp17/exp17_web_graph2_ex.pdf

1st and 2nd - Order graphs:

Graphs 3 & 4<https://www.asc.ohio-state.edu/zellmer.1/chem1250/lab/exp17/exp17_web_graphs_3_4_exs.pdf> - Exs of what Graphs 3 & 4 might look like

I will send additional e-mails to help with this.

Dr. Zellmer