ch 14 "Handouts"

Zellmer, Robert zellmer.1 at osu.edu
Mon Mar 28 23:00:05 EDT 2022

I didn't actually provide these "handouts" in lecture.

These "handouts" are on line.  You can find them on the class website,

Chapter 14 - Chemical Kinetics - Handouts<https://www.asc.ohio-state.edu/zellmer.1/chem1250/notes/ch14houts.pdf>

The first one contains info about zero, first and second order rate laws and
integrated rate expressions (book refers to these as integrated rate laws).
This is the summary table which is in the notes.

The second one deals with a few things concerning exp 17 (BAR).  There's
another link dealing with exp 17 (found by going to the "Laboratory" link).
Make sure you follow the directions in the lab manual and my links for
the report.  You must use Excel (or a similar program) to generate your
tables and the graphs.

The third one has a few additional practice problems for chapter 14.
You should be able to do all these for the exam, after trying book ones.
The last question is a more challenging mechanism problem.  We will
cover mechanisms this coming Tuesday. Try some from the book before
attempting this one.  You can find the solutions to these additional practice
problems at the "Homework" link,

CH 14 - Kinetics, Extra Problems and Solutions <https://www.asc.ohio-state.edu/zellmer.1/chem1250/homewk/ch14hmwk_add.pdf>

The fourth page deals with a special problem given in class.   An e-mail
concerning this special problem will follow in case you weren't in class.

Dr. Zellmer