Exp 1 lab report average values - error and % error

Zellmer, Robert zellmer.1 at osu.edu
Tue Jan 25 10:56:08 EST 2022

Someone asked the following question:

"For the average error and % error, should we take the average of individual
errors, or should we take the error between the average density and actual density? "

For the individual error and % error for each measurement you should report
the sign.  The signs can tell you something about what type of error you might
have (are they "random" or are the signs all the same).

To get the average error and % error, average the absolute values of the individual
errors.  Do not use the difference between the average density and actual density.

Dr. Zellmer