No cell phones or laptops in lab

Zellmer, Robert zellmer.1 at osu.edu
Thu Jan 20 09:00:24 EST 2022

We do NOT allow cell phones in lab unless the TA gives specific
permission to do so.  They need to be put away in your book bags
(not just in the storage bins under each lab station or in your pocket).
We don't want you texting, surfing the internet, playing games, etc.
while you're suppose to be working.  We want you paying attention
to what you're doing.  Being distracted could cause you to make a
mistake, have an accident, not finish the exp., etc.   If you're using a
spiral notebook in lab the TA will allow you to use your cell phone to
take pictures and upload these to Carmen before leaving lab.

If you absolutely must use the cell phone for something you will have
to go into the hallway.  While in lab we want you concentrating on the
tasks at hand.  If the TA sees you using your cell phone they will
deduct points from your lab grade.  Laptops are also not allowed in lab.
It's generally not a good idea to have them out, especially a laptop, while
working with chemicals as they could spill on your laptop/tablet and
probably destroy it.  Your iPads should be kept in the Ziploc bag provided.

If the TA sees you doing things on the iPad other than using it for lab
they will deduct points.

Dr. Zellmer