Quiz 7 blank quiz and solutions

Zellmer, Robert zellmer.1 at osu.edu
Tue Mar 28 22:13:25 EDT 2023

I've released the quiz 8 results.  You should be able to see your
score, the specific questions you received, your answers and the
correct answers.  Sorry it took so long.  I simply forgot to release
things and activate the links on my webpage.

There's a blank sample quiz and the solutions to it on my personal
class web page at the "Quizzes" link.  There's an a few extra
problems for practice which weren't on the Carmen quiz.

Also, look at the solutions, even if you did well.  I've got extensive
worked out solutions.  For the WA-SB and WB-SA titrations in
particular I've included how to do calculations at several different
points on the titration curves.  There's a lot in these solutions
covering just about any question you could be asked for titrations
and even some material from 17.5 which wasn't on the Carmen quiz.

This was likely the hardest quiz this semester.  Section 17.5 is
probably the hardest section.  Other than looking at the sample quiz
and solutions and how to do the problems you missed, put this one
behind you and move on to Ch 19.  You'll likely find it a lot easier
than Ch 17.  Same with Ch 20.  The next quiz covers 17.6 and
19.1-19.5.

Before asking me if there was a mistake in a quiz question check the
sample quiz and solutions to make sure you did things correctly.
After that, if you think there might still be a problem, or you just don't
understand something, let me know.

Also, for numeric questions if you're answer is close but outside the
allowed range please make sure you followed directions.  That means
did you use the constants as provided on the info/PT page.  Did you
carry extra digits from one step to the next in the calculations?  Did
you round to the correct number of decimal places as provided in the
question?

If you missed the quiz, you should download the sample quiz and take
it, timing yourself with the time given at the top of the quiz.  Then check
the solutions I've posted and "grade" yourself.

Dr. Zellmer