Ch 17 e-mails and spring break

Zellmer, Robert zellmer.1 at osu.edu
Fri Mar 10 10:54:39 EST 2023

I am going to send e-mails dealing with the material I've covered in
Ch 17 (up through 17.5) today and tomorrow so that those who intend
to do some work over spring break have the information.  For those of
you who wish to wait until after spring break to work on the material I
covered this week (17.4-17.5) file them away or remember you can
find them on my personal webpage for the class.

I'm also going to send a weak acid/strong base titration curve with
questions on the curve.  You should try to answer the questions
before the Tue lecture after spring break.  I will be using this titration
curve to review some things about titrations.

I plan to start Ch 19 that Tue as well.  The first 17 pages of the notes
are a review of things from Ch 5 which you need for Ch 19.  We did
use some of these things when discussing solution formation in Ch 13.
I don't plan on covering all these pages in lecture.  You should read
over them before that lecture and if you don't remember some of
what's there you may need to look back at Ch 5.

If are behind, you should try to spend some time to catch up.  Do
take some time to relax before coming back.  There will be only
5 weeks plus finals when we come back.  Not too much time until
summer break.

If you would like to speak to me about where you stand in terms
of a grade we can set something up during spring break or when
we return.

Dr. Zellmer