Ch 14 "handouts"

Zellmer, Robert zellmer.1 at osu.edu
Wed Jan 25 08:00:57 EST 2023

I mentioned some "handouts" in class which are on my class website.
You can find them at the Notes link on my class web page or the link below,

Chapter 14 - Chemical Kinetics - Handouts<https://www.asc.ohio-state.edu/zellmer.1/chem1220/notes/ch14houts.pdf>

The first page contains info about zero, first and second order rate laws and
integrated rate expressions (book refers to these as integrated rate laws).
This is in the notes and I showed it in class (the summary table I showed
after completing the section about integrated rate expressions (laws).

The second page deals with the BAR exp.  The reaction is not zero order.
You do NOT have to do a zero-order graph for this experiment.  There
may be a question about a zero-order graph in the post-lab.

The third page (Ch 14 Addition Practice Problems) has a few additional
practice problems for chapter 14. You should be able to do 1-4 at this
point.  These can also be found at the "Homework<https://www.asc.ohio-state.edu/zellmer.1/chem1220/homewk/homewk_1220.htm>" link along with the
solutions to them.  The last problem, #5, is a mechanism problem.  We
will cover mechanisms on Thur.   It's not that difficult but also not easy.
If you can do this problem, you can do pretty much any mechanism you
will encounter on the exam.  However, do some easier ones from the
EOCE in the textbook first.

The fourth page deals with a special problem given in class.   An e-mail
concerning this special problem will follow in case you weren't in class.

Dr. Zellmer